Property owners, business owners and landlords have a general duty to protect tenants, hotel guests, customers and employees by providing secure properties. If the owner or landlord fails to make sure their property is safe any person on the premises is at risk of an accident including a slip and fall. Shmucher Law, PL is a personal injury law firm, located in Miami, Florida, that handles premises liability claims of injured individuals. If you were injured on the premises of another and would like to speak to an attorney to determine whether or not you have a case please contact us for a free consultation.
How Shmucher Law, PL’s Premises Liability Attorney Can Help
If you choose to hire Shmucher Law, PL to represent you in your premises liability claim we will first begin by examining three critical factors to determine whether or not you may have a claim against the business or landlord. The three main elements that must be examined are
• Who is liable for your injury
• What was the cause of your injury
• What was your status on the premises (invitee, licensee, or trespasser)
In order to determine those factors our attorney must:
• Review the injured parties reason or purpose for being on the premises
• Interview witnesses
• Obtain copies of the police report
• Investigate the scene of the incident and take any photographs necessary
• Obtain copies of CCTV or surveillance videos showing the accident
• Hire an industry expert who will evaluate your claim
• Determine if the landlord or business owner knew of the injury causing item
Using that information our office will be able to determine whether or not you have a premises liability claim and we will then begin to negotiate with the landlord or business owner’s insurance policy and make a claim for your injuries.
If you or someone you know was injured on the premises of another please call our office at 305.741.5553 or 954.309.5559 to schedule a free consultation and remember we don’t charge you any fees or costs unless we win or resolve your case.